Fascism in Europe came as a horrific phenomenon where ultra nationalist political ideology accompanied by targeting of minorities, rise of a supreme leader and smashing of popular movements led to the torture and massacre of large section of population. Democratic rights stood suspended in these regimes. The authoritarian political ideology and its rulers had a mass base, which gloried the ‘constructed past’.
The situation developing in India from last decade, more so from last couple of years has many features which give semblance of these regimes. The nature of this phenomenon is under debate from quite some time. Some like Prakash Karat of CPI (Marxist) characterize it as ‘mere authoritarian’ while many others argue that it is fascist. The characterization of RSS-BJP has lot of implications on the type of political alliances to be forged by secular democratic forces.
This compilation aims to put together different articles, which unravel the politics of RSS-BJP-Modi
No. of Pages: 224
For copies contact
375-A, Pocket 2, Mayur Vihar Phasse-1, Delhi – 110 091.
Mob. +91-9555642600, +91-7599485900
SECTION – I
KARAT ON BJP-RSS CHARACTERIZATION
1. Fight against BJP cannot be conducted in alliance with the other major party of the ruling classes
SECTION – II
BACKGROUND OF HINDUTVA: HINDU NATIONALISM
2. “Hindutva” – “Hindu Nationalism”, Nazism, Narendra Modi and the RSSS
Via The Independent
SECTION – III
NATURE OF POLITICS OF RSS COMBINE
3. The Fascism of the Sangh Parivar
4. Prakash Karat Unable to Locate Fascism in Hindutva
5. Stalin’s Ghost Won’t Save Us from the Specter of Fascism: A Response to Prakash Karat
6. To Shake Hands or Not? CPI (M)’s Congress Dilemma
Ajoy Ashirwad Mahaprashasta
SECTION – IV
MODI AS THE LEADER OF RSS COMBINE
7. India’s Sawdust Caesar
8. Nazism and Narendra Modi: The ideological influence on India’s Next Prime Minister
9. Can Modi be compared to Hitler?
10. The Ghostly Power of the RSS is Haunting the Indian State
SECTION – V
LEFT AND ELECTORAL ALLIANCES
11. Looming Saffron Threat and Electoral Choices
12. To fight communalism, Left has to think of electoral alliances
13. Does Narendra Modi and the BJP represent the rise of fascism in India? Why or why not?
SECTION – VI
14. Hindutva and Fascism